At Anshe Emeth our youth groups incorporate social, cultural, educational, and religious experiences for young Reform Jews. The youth program provides opportunities for growth and establishes a place where children and teens can learn. Our programs are co-ed and divided by grade, as follows.
- Mini Mitzvah Corps: 3rd – 6th Grades
- MAETY: 5th – 6th Grades
- JAETY: 7th – 8th Grades
- AETY: 9th – 12th Grades
For more information about our events, or to register contact Rabbi Sienna Lotenberg.
Our Youth Group Philosophy and Goals
Anshe Emeth Memorial Temple is committed to serving Jewish youth. We offer a number of programs through the youth group, each planned with these goals in mind…
- Building Jewish pride in our youth – We hope to give children a Jewish heart and head, that is a feeling of pride in being Jewish with the knowledge with which to actively participate in the Jewish community.
- Helping children to feel accepted and valued – The youth group creates a warm, fun, meaningful, and accepting place for all children. We provide a forum for Children and Teens to discuss today’s challenging issues. With all the issues adolescents face, we provide a nurturing forum for young people to talk about critical concerns and learn from Jewish insights.
- Forging a life-long connection to the Jewish community – We believe that empowering children to participate in the synagogue will help them learn to cherish involvement in Judaism throughout their lives.
- Reaching every child – It is our responsibility to maintain a relationship with each child in the synagogue so that they know Anshe Emeth Memorial Temple is a place where they are always welcome.
If you have any questions about our programs, please contact Rabbi Lotenberg.